Thursday, March 18, 2010

worst. bracket. ever?


no post tuesday, i know. i figured it would be pretty damn ridiculous for me to give anyone my hardcore "analysis" when i've seen, like, three or four college basketball games (from beginning to end) all season. sure, i've caught bits and pieces. how could i not? i mean, i do have and watch a whole lot of espn. sure, i watch sportscenter and catch the talking heads talk, talk, talking about who's good and who's got "flaws" and who's terrible and whatever. i see and hear them talk, talk, talk and i just remind myself that "nobody knows anything".

i still want to pinch every single human that fills out more than one bracket, because i will never understand what the fun in that truly is. maybe i'd get it if i actually bet money and if one out of my seven brackets won third place in my best friend's work pool and i could afford a free arby's milkshake or something, but i don't bet actual money, because i think that's pretty stupid. not betting, mind you, but betting on something as random as the ncaa's seems retarded to me.

so, i plan to lose this year. and i plan to be every bit as pissed off as i would be had i watched every single basketball game there was to watch this season and felt like i was the most educated college basketball fan EVER. that's just how it works. i don't need much help to find myself pissed off.

my method was simple this year. i waited 'til this morning. i picked my teams without any hesitation and without even the first second-guess. i let my gut and whatever knowledge the inner workings of my brain deemed important enough to figure into the equation be my guide.

it seems i hate kentucky and that spoiled brat demarcus cousins. so, i have them losing this weekend. that is pretty stupid.

i hate duke. they are terrible. i have them, too, losing this weekend. that is ridiculous.

i think kansas has been overrated all year. i have them losing in the sweet sixteen. kansas is going to win the title. i am a moron.

syracuse will probably lose this weekend to gonzaga. i have them in the championship game. really, i should never pick a bracket again.

i have three big east teams in the final four. i have some team called "bay-lor" in the elite eight. i have a team that can't shoot winning it all.

and i couldn't be happier.

my final four:

syracuse over ohio st.
west virginia over louisville

west virginia = champs.

let the games begin.

and my misery ensue.

1 comment:

sokelley said...

I may not get another chance to say this during the tournament, so, how you like dem apples? :)