Monday, April 23, 2007

"you look different"
(et cetera)

over the last two days, i have had more than ten people tell me that "something about you is different." it's tickled me to no end, because i can't really figure out if the comment is just small talk or if the person making the comment is genuinely perplexed because something has changed with my appearance. i want to just snap back, "it's the shit in my hair, people!!!", but that would be rude and unnecessary. especially if the comment is more than just small talk. it's funny, though, putting "product" in my hair reminds me of why i have been shaving it for close to five years now. because "fixing" my hair, even if it only takes, like, an extra thirty seconds, is a pain in the ass that you don't have to deal with when you have no hair. and so, as cool as getting a haircut was and is, i don't know if the shears won't make an appearance sooner rather than later. i am sure this little rant is of tremendous interest to you, dear reader, but i am glad i am not a girl for so, so many reasons. "fixing" my hair falls on the the list somewhere below "pregnancy", "make-up" and "time of the month".

a quick punkin update. she seems like herself. still no word from the vet as of lunchtime today. she has a hard time eating and drinking it seems and sleeps all the time, but that second point just makes her a cat, not a sick cat. i'll keep updating...

i'll join the throng of the amazed as far as the turnout for the alabama spring game is concerned. you can't really sell me that this game was "meaningless", because if you believe that, you are stupid. i mean, it was the first time new systems on offense and defense were open to the public. but having to turn away folks from a glorified game of two-hand touch is just cool. i hope the excitement can last through the first loss of next season, which is going to come sometime in september. we'll see.

of my many man-crushes, tim hudson is making me most proud these days. if you put a gun to my head right now and told me i had to pick one man that i would hold hands with, it would be tim hudson. the braves have taken 4 of 6 from the mets so far and are still in first place with ten percent of the season behind us. tomorrow, chipper jones will break his ankle putting on his shoe.

why have you not heard anything about softball here yet? because we haven't freaking started!!! it looks like we are good to go for tomorrow. just checked weather.com, and it informed me that it is going to storm tomorrow. no, really. this isn't like the chipper jones comment above. it's real. mother nature hates our softball team.

four days and counting 'til hannah knows if she'll have a brother or a sister. wow. i'll unveil the news to as many of you as i have e-mail addresses for as soon as i get home friday morning.

and other things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Mother nature hates our softball team" Hehe. Hope I can make it out to a few games this season. School is almost out so the odds are good.

Anonymous said...

you make me laugh and laugh...

Anonymous said...

haha, i love your girl comments. i have been late to classes for the past few weeks, and i think it is b/c i am not used to my hair being so long and taking forever to dry! usually by this time of year it is up past my shoulders, but this year it is several inches past. if i was a boy it would def be shaved all the time!

anyways, i can't wait to hear the news on friday! i know ya'll are excited!!! can't wait to get the email :)