Saturday, November 22, 2008

i'll be there in spirit


i am about thirty pages from finishing men with balls by drew magary of kissing suzy kolber and deadspin. it's flipping hilarious, and the only reason i am not too broken up about finishing it is that the new freedarko book will brace my fall.

while reading today, drew treated me to this quote from retired major leaguer, carl everett. it made me laugh out loud today like it made me laugh out loud a few years ago when the wise professional dispenser of knowledge baseball player uttered these words:

"they (dinosaurs) didn't exist. god created the sun, the stars, the heavens and the earth, and then made adam and eve. the bible never says anything about dinosaurs. you can't say there were dinosaurs when you never saw them. someone actually saw adam and eve. no one ever saw a tyrannosaurus rex."

classic.

anyway, i thought this would be an appropriate homage to rev. short and his sermon that i hate i'll miss in the morning due to being at the store.

hope you smile too. if not, say "hi" to adam and eve for me.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Jacobs said...

After taking Geology this semester I don't see how anyone could deny certain things about our planet/solar system/universe/etc.

There are new species of animals found even today, some that have been living among us for millions of years and of course those aren't in the Bible. If every animal was listed in the Bible it would make for a pretty boring read, I think.

Anyway, hope you have a good Thanksgiving Kevin, maybe I'll see you sooner or later in a few weeks when I'm back home for Christmas break.