Thursday, March 15, 2007

i hate duke


it only took three quarters of the first day for me to reach my first "what was i thinking?!?!" moment. i, perennially, hate duke. can't stand them. can't stand coach k. really couldn't stand j.j. redick. but this year's team was a little different. they were still a team with mcdonald's all-americans littering the roster, but they were young and kinda scrappy. i like paulus. and he played out of his mind tonight. but they lost. what makes it worse is that i picked them to upset pittsburgh saturday. so, i am out my first sweet sixteen team with the night session of day one still to go. good grief.

oh yeah, and remember how my "science" included the notion that chalk picks are lame? yeah, well, every higher seed won the first eight games of the tournament. who knew.

thus far, the world hasn't exploded yet (meaning my elite eight are all still around), but i have learned my lesson with duke. always root against them. always pick against them.

got it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to walk my robot over to your house. It's powered by the tears of Duke fans and players.

Right now, it could fly to the moon.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kevin. I assume your still keeping track of Lost in the midst of March Madness. Next week's looks insane! Oh and by the way, I made a new school related journal. I think you can just click on my name to get to it.