Thursday, March 15, 2007

may i have this dance?


well, we are four hours away from the tip of the first game and my first "upset" pick. not that bobby knight as a 10 seed would be a huge upset over a 7, but it still counts. i have to say, i couldn't be any less confident about my overall picks and final four this year, but they are set. let the pieces fall where they may.

a couple questions from tuesday have been answered.

my final four? florida. kansas. ohio st. georgetown. i know. i know. it's the farthest thing from a reach that i could possibly come up with. three number ones and one of the hottest teams in the country. my guess is that jay bilas has the same four. i couldn't get past "they eyeball factor", though, and these are the four teams that i am riding.

my lowest seed to make the sweet sixteen? i stuck with my guns on this one and went with the uber-talented and uber-young georgia tech yellowjackets. they have talent that makes mark gottfried blush. here's hoping they can put it together for a couple wins.

and god bless you, kevin durant. the best player in college basketball kevin durant. after playing out the texas/north carolina series in my head, i had you winning in game seven with a 25 foot three over the top of brandon wright. what's silly is that i think texas can beat the number one seeded tar heels, but not georgetown. oh well, here's hoping that my new favorite college player jeff green carries his hoyas to the final four and boosts his draft stock on the way.

so, the process is complete. i will, rest assured, be updating you along the way. i am crossing my fingers that i still have 12 or 13 of my sweet sixteen still alive come monday. we'll see.

here's to four days straight of basketball. enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i didn't see any mention of the home challenge (which can get pretty ugly)...as usual, our picks diverge pretty early on, so this should be fun! :)