Monday, July 28, 2008

it's not your words that make me hate you. it's how you spell them.


i wish i could tell you that i felt like my wnba post was so mind-blowingly thought-provoking that it fully deserved it's top billing on the site for going on a week now. unfortunately, that is not quite the case. since last wednesday evening, we've been without access to the internet at the house, and it is killing me. we have a new network card on the way that is not going to fix the problem. after that, god help you, "faceless charter tech.-support guy that my wife or brother-in-law will talk to". it's not going to be pretty.

me? i'll be standing on the sidelines with a washcloth in hand waiting to clean up to the mess, and hoping that my dear, sweet internet will be accessible to our dear, sweet home sooner rather than later.

when the problem is finally fixed, my first entry after "the break" will say good-bye to good 'ole mark teixeira, my braves first baseman that will be traded by thursday's end.

2 comments:

Jacobs said...

Hey Kevin. It's been a while. Of course that always means we should catch up when I come home next weekend. I'll talk to you then.

Anonymous said...

Well, at least I got to see Teixeira swipe a few into the bleachers during BP yesterday before a thunderstorm rolled in and swept him into the clubhouse. It wasn't until the 5th inning that the Braves posted news of the trade on the jumbotron so the mystery of why he was at BP and not in the lineup was solved. While seeing AP hit one out was exciting, and seeing the Braves keep it close for 8 was nice, the bullpen blew it again and you could definitely sense a feeling of "this year is over" at the park.