Thursday, July 10, 2008

why you shouldn't go to sunday school with evander holyfied


this made me smile too much not to pass along to you, folks that i think might get a kick out of it. please don't take the jokes or the butts of the jokes as me passing judgement whatsoever. lord knows that i have more than my share of faults. and lord knows how flaky i still feel, to this day, about the idea that god tapped me (or is tapping me, dependant on whom you ask) on the shoulder and invited me to be anyone's spiritual mentor.

considering how often athletes these days play the "god" card, it's still an interesting question. where does one draw the line between the sincere, the cliche', and the "ok. there is no way that god is letting this dude into heaven. did you hear he was selling cocaine to cops???".

so, without further ado, i share with you, courtesy of holytaco.com via deadspin, the best third grade athlete theology that our ticket-purchasing (enabling) money can buy.

http://www.holytaco.com/2008/07/08/8-most-hypocritical-christian-athletes/

No comments: