Saturday, May 04, 2013

#12


a sad day today as we remembered the wonderful life of euel mcelroy with many of his friends and family. to a person, the praise and memories and recollections were beautiful stories of a man whom, by all accounts, did nothing more than make every little piece of this world that he touched better.

he did the same with mine. euel and i never had much of an excuse to talk before my cancer recurred last year. he was one of the first at the church to come up to me, offer to listen, and be a piece of peace in my life that had been terribly disturbed for a second time. a couple times over the last year, he would come into limbo before we got started just to check on how i was. here was a guy that was in so much more pain than i, his circumstances so much more dire, but he was willing to be outside of himself to make sure i was doing okay.

i treasure that selfless attitude and i think of euel almost every day. for every day that i struggle, he was struggling more. for every day that i've felt sorry for myself, i never got the impression that he was.

and so, he's made me want to be strong for those around me. to be positive. to look good. to keep exercising. to not allow the chemo to derail my life entirely.

thank you, euel, for everything you gave me. your kindness, care, and concern never went unnoticed.

blowin' in the wind...

#12

toxicities present:

the dress shoes were probably a bad idea, but i'm stubborn. whatareyougonnado?

holy cow. my stomach. waterbabies being delivered here, there, and everywhere.

if i never wiped after a trip to the bathroom again, it would be too soon. it would also be disgusting not to, so i'll continue with the torture.

pain (scaled 1-10):

6

No comments: