Monday, September 11, 2006

sports
(not the huey lewis and the news kind)


the first time i brought this up was on june 4th of this year. i just went back and checked. including that sunday and yesterday, that makes three times i have been privy to one of huffman's worship leaders calling out the congregation on their lack of spirit. now, keep in mind that i am working at least one out of every three sundays and averaging a couple a month. this means that i am not present for every sunday morning service. this leads me to a disconcerting question. are these comments like cockroaches? if i see (hear) one or three, does that mean there are hundreds or thousands of them lurking in the dark? of course there are. but instead of the problem (could it be uninspiring hymn selection? could it be that bill gaither's time has come and gone? could it be something else? surely not.), we address the solution. "sing louder." "not like this, but like this." "don't you get the words and the sentiment we are lifting up here?" i guess not, dude. i am sure it's on me/us.

moving on. speaking of uninspiring (and i know i sung this tune last season too), how about alabama football? one-score victories over hawaii and vandy. nice. i tell you what, alabama fan. i am starting to agree with some of the pundits. it's not like mike shula was a stellar offensive coordinator in the nfl. it's not as if we are waiting on his genius to blossom. it's like this. alabama needs to hire an offensive mind or give dave rader a shot at proving his. according to those in the know, rader is coordinator in name only. see if he can mix it up. breathe some fresh air into the limp body that is alabama's offense. otherwise, get used to the idea of a 7-5 season and a trip (if they are lucky) to the poulan weedeater bowl.

welcome back, michael vick. one of my first blogs (to continue the reminiscing theme) talked about how i would love to be michael vick for a day. well, after watching him orchestrate a butt-whipping on everyone's super bowl pick from the nfc, the carolina panthers, yesterday, my man-crush stands assured of lasting another season. welcome back, indeed.

the braves suck. and my boy tim hudson is a big part of the problem. dammit.

rain in the forecast for tuesdays suck. actual rain on tuesdays sucks harder.

for the sake of my fantasy football addiction, i think i will offer up a nugget of wisdom/despair/frustration from time to time over the course of the fantasy season. i drafted better than anyone in my league. i truly believe this. and out of ten teams in my league, i will finish week one with (at worst) one of the top three point totals. yet, because kiker is the only (or one of two) team with a chance to outscore me and i am playing him this week, i may find myself 0-1 tomorrow morning. that's ok. i'll keep my head up. i like my chances over the course of the season.

long live the asianmen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lets just hope they continue scaling. I dont know what I'll do if they stop that. I'll probably drop out or something.

Anonymous said...

Lets just hope they continue scaling. Don't know what I'll do if they stop that. I'll probably drop out.

Anonymous said...

Doh, double post!






(Doh, triple post!)