Friday, November 03, 2006

the fall season finale?
(what the crap does that mean?)


i read on jacob sutton's journal that this was going to happen, but i didn't want to believe it. that lost was going to air six episodes, then take a huge break, then come back for a run after the new year, but this sucks. i've been happy with four of the five new ones so far, and it really feels like the show is picking up some serious smoke monster. so, what is going to happen on the "MOST...IMPORTANT...LOST...EVER"? Probably nothing huge, but i'll watch and be disappointed next week that i have to wait for months to not have any of the questions answered that i want answered. please, why do i watch this show??? oh, and by the way, do we really need to be introduced to the "new couple"? aren't there enough characters that we don't spend any time with already? oh well.

so, i made it to my 100th post. it took one year and ten days. not too bad. it's been a good year. i want to go back and read all my nonsense again soon, but it all still feels very fresh on my mind as it is. i remember just like it was yesterday the shit storm after my venting about the church not having a halloween carnival. it's sad that, this year, it's a non-issue. it's a thing of the past. something we used to do. RIP box maze. may the happier colors in the newly painted GQ spawn something equally magnificent someday. no, really. i mean it. honestly.

i think i need to fiddle with my journal. change up the color scheme. keep it interesting. for me at the very least. i do like my look, but maybe it's time for a change.

my birthday was a very good day. saw a lot of people that i wanted to see. heard from a lot more. i am happy to report that the sky has yet to fall on my weary shoulders. maybe my shoulders are just getting stronger.

thanksgiving is just around the corner. oh...my...god. i can already taste the dressing. the coca-cola salad. the dressing. the sweet potatoes (with marshmellows on top?). the dressing. oh, sweet november. please move as quickly as did october. i need to start conditioning my body. i am out of practice. one meal a day will not expand my stomach to the extent that it needs to be pulled and stretched to make room for the dressing.

i think it's time to start playing again.

i think i really like heroes.

i think i am going to color a card for both michael vick and lebron james, send them their cards, and hope that they call me.

i think that 30 rock may take lost's slot in my viewing week. i now will need a wednesday show. i haven't been able to give it much of a chance.

i think that i will miss studio 60 after it is yanked.

i think cookie cakes are the bomb.

i think the dick from last thanksgiving really gets on my nerves (cue soundclip in my head from rocky V).

i think it's time for a metaphor. this sunday, perhaps?

then i'll cut the grass for the last time this season.

sweet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope you will play again...and you and your blog make me laugh, a lot. that good kind of laughing on the inside laugh, though. not the belly laugh. i'll leave that to hannah!

sorry that heroes scares me and i can't share it with you. it's just too scary. i'm already pushing it with lost.

do you think michael is jealous of lebron? stealing away part of your affections and all?

waiting for a metaphor...

how's that for a comment?

kevin said...

I hear ya, cookie. First of all, get a tv, dude. Secondly, I watched Twin Peaks religiously too. And X-files. And I don't want Lost to suffer from the same fate as those two shows. Apathy. Both opened so many doors without closing any that viewers finally drifted away to shows that had a little more...finality, maybe. And for me, it's not really the cliffhangers or the questions that keep me coming back. It's the story. But the forest on Lost is coming dangerously close to being lost among the trees. We'll see. Like I said, I'll keep watching.

And thirdly, get a TV, dude.

And you would definitely like Heroes, cookie.