Sunday, March 01, 2009



hannah and caroline and me


(part twenty-four)



nothing quippy or smart-ass to say about these couple of pictures.


for someone my age, this morning couldn't help but conjure up memories and images from the winter storm of '92. the one that even the weatherpersons couldn't not see it coming. the one where brian woods and i intentionally packed our bags for several days in the hopes that we would be trapped at charles pate's house. the one where our wishes came true. the one where we never got sick of the snow. we played, trekked, tortured charles' sister and never realized it was really cold inside the house with no power because it was always a lot more warm than it was outside. every time there is a hint of snow, i think back to those three wonderful days. i think about charles and brian and wonder if they remember it as fondly as i do.


for as little as i pay attention to the weather nowadays, this morning kind of snuck up on me. folks at the store were talking about it friday, but, at the time, there were severe thunderstorms everywhere and it was 65 degrees outside. i didn't think much of it.


waking up this morning to the glare that can only be caused by snow accumulated on the ground, hannah and caroline found their first "winter storm of '92" experience. we didn't spend a ton of time outside this morning, mostly because i am about as ill-equipped, clothes-wise, for winter weather as they come and i was freezing from the moment we opened the door. but, we endured long enough for hannah to run around, get a feel for it all, throw some snow at her parents and make a few snow angels. caroline did what caroline does...stay out of hannah's way, but she had some fun too.


i'll take this morning over baby-girls barfighting every day of the week and twice on snowy sundays.



1 comment:

Jacobs said...

Yo Kevin. In response to your comment, I'm not sure I'm going to make it back home before or during spring break. I really need to come back soon afterward, though, since my pack and some other things I will be needing very soon are there. So hopefully I'll see you before I leave. Like I said, I'll keep you updated.