Tuesday, April 07, 2009

nobody knows anything
(except for joseph)


just a quick update now that the college basketball season has officially given way to jordan schafer hitting home runs in his first major league at-bat.

i haven't said anything about brackets since my personal peak was at the end of day one (geez.). if i can't take home a bracket title, though, it's nice to keep it all in the family.

joseph p. florence rocked an incredibly conservative bracket with just enough correct picks in the early rounds, put his endgame chips on the overrated (according to someone i know...cough) tar heels and beat us all. good for you, bro-in-law. enjoy the glory! sorry there was no money involved.

as for me, well, i limped in at 19th place. out of 27. yikes. maybe next year i'll try and watch more basketball.

either that, or i'll just cheat off joseph's bracket.

1 comment:

Joseph Paul Florence said...

Ah.. the warm embrace of victory. I need it with this not-so-cold cold snap we're rolling through for all of..two days?

Nevertheless, let me say I appreciate the return to the subject matter for one post despite the warmer embrace of MLB. That, and SportsCenter just rolled out all that fancy new formatting. Hog heaven, right?

I will say this: it was by all means conservative, and by several means uneducated. Where I hadn't managed to formulate an opinion already, I, just like anyone knowing absolutely nothing about college basketball could, took ESPN up on their supply of more stats than you can shake your fist at. That, and I threw a little heart in. I did. Regardless of whether or not picking UNC was the safe, boring thing to do (is that a consensus?), it was one of the three things I've known about NCAA men's basketball all season, if not all my life.

1) I'm going to pick the Tar Heels to win it all.
2) Numbers are just numbers.
3) I hate Duke.

Hope all is well in the BHMpire.