Monday, November 07, 2005

Sports Talk Entry Number Two (WJOX Roundtable Edition)
to the uninformed, the "jox" roundtable is a midday sports-talk radio program that touches on many items during their hour long program. a lot of sports, not all sports...

when attempting to be an attractive represenative of your church to someone that you may or may not know, to someone you may or may not like, eye contact is a good place to start. good job by you, yesterday. you know who you are. you may never read this, but good job by you. you are awesome. and warm. and loving to all. and not critical. and qualified for your position. and all sorts of other things you really aren't...

i am nervous for alabama. i, along with a lot of other people, cannot remember a more uninspiring 9-0 team ever. but listen to me. the worst alabama can do is 9-2 and a new year's day bowl more than likely, and here i am complaining. it just seemed like they could've been so much more. i remember when they scored touchdowns in sec games. that was fun. that was a long time ago. now they beat teams 6-3 that notre dame scores 5 touchdowns against. 5!!! notre dame doesn't have a tyrone prothro. i would have a hard time trading brodie croyle for brady quinn. what's the deal, guys? our coach came from the pro's too. is our offensive line that bad? maybe that's it. i don't think 6 points will do it this week, guys. i know it won't next week. auburn has outscored every common opponent they share with bama by a lot. dang it. i can't wait for the game, though. i can't wait to watch it with friends. it'll be a good day either way. score, bama, score.

the falcons are badass, well, their defense is. and their running game is. c'mon, michael. you're the man, remember...?...

bama basketball kicks off soon. ronald steele is badass...

kobe bryant, much to my chagrin, is badass...

thrice is badass. if anyone that reads this hasn't heard a thrice song but downloads, go find "like moths to flame" somewhere and check it out. you too, jacob sutton. you queen person you. one day, jacob, you will understand there is recent music worth your time. the new thrice is worth your time. it's grown on me now, and i can't get enough...

arrested development is back tonight. everyone should watch. scott baio will be in the house...

big softball game tomorrow. huge softball game. 8:30. i already have butterflies...

and once more to the "christian" referenced above. good job by you...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ALl i have to say is....War Eagle! man i can't wait for that game! It will be a good one. should be very close. i'm excited!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Never! Im staying loyal to my classic rock. (I did download that song by the way).

P.S.- I'll be pulling for Alabama this weekend, along with every other Auburn fan.

P.P.S.- During the orientation at Auburn this summer they woke us up the second morning with a few songs from a band that I actually liked. It didnt sound very old, but at the same time had the classic rock feel (i.e. used guitar riffs and stuff like that). Unfortunatly I have no idea what the name of the songs or the band are. Oh well, good luck with the tournament.

kevin said...

so, what did you think of the song?

i am trying to think of "riff"-y bands, and i am coming up short. the first band that jumps out at me are the vandals. Try numbers 1, 2, 6, 7, and 8 off of their album "Internet Dating Superstud" if you can find them and just try and lie to me and tell me that the guitar lines don't get stuck in your head for days. the lyrics aren't, how do i say this, deep, but they are fun anyway.

...thanks for the good luck wishes.

Anonymous said...

Well, I checked out The Vandals and I listened to previews of those songs. And to me, they, and that Thrice song just sounded like average punk rock songs. You know, lots of drums, guitars, vocals and whatever else, but it sounds like it's all jumbled up together. There isn't any harmony or whatever. I'm not a professional in the music department, I just know what I like. The Vandals did cover Don't Stop Me Now though, so thats a plus for them, hehe. I still like Brian's solo better, but whatever. I just figure that there's no reason for me to try and like something when I just dont. Maybe one day it'll just hit me and all of the sudden I will like the sound of it. I doubt it, but who knows. Besides...people like me are the only hope to keep the good old stuff alive, right?

The real question is, in 30 years...what will we think of todays music?

kevin said...

"good old stuff"??? you're so freakin' stubborn, jacob. of course, i know that's one reason i like you. so am i. especially about the things i like. and i do like music. i feel an entry on music and nothing but music coming before the weekend is out. later, dude. be thinking of us around 8:30.