Thursday, May 05, 2011

happy index
(part two)

tuesday night, the kohi (kevin o'kelley happy index) closed at:

6

the ugly:

n/a

the bad:

left hannah's backpack in my car, throwing the girls morning schedule into disarray.

tough day to get into a flow at work. wednesdays are always a little rough coming off my off day, and the idea of running on wednesday afternoon is somewhat daunting, given that tuesday-wednesday is my only back to back running days of the week.

developed a blister on a piece of skin that had just blistered over the weekend. it hurt.

the good:

braves win both games of their doubleheader and are two games above .500

my fantasy pitching staff went off.

watching caroline play with the mighty noah at church dinner was really quite amazing.

hannah wanting to ride home with me even though i was trying to talk her out of it.

the lakers lost...again.

ran 4.30 miles in 40:03 on a very flat course in huffman. the 9:19 per mile pace was my best outside pace yet.

the great:

ms. ellen's fried chicken for possibly the last time on a wednesday night. it's really quite sad that wednesday nights as i know it seem to be hustling toward an end, but, boy, i've really enjoyed it for a long time. thank you, ms. ellen.

a commentary:

in reference to chris golden's comment on the first kohi, i really like the perspective of each of his days starting at a 10, but i am not sure i am in that place. i think most of my days start at a 5, the needle moving up or down given the circumstances that surround each day. we'll see how that evolves.

1 comment:

Chris Golden said...

Ok so I wanted to see your reaction to my happy positive life outlook comment. I do believe in theory that every day starts at a 10. However, I have to admit that some days drop to a 5 (or lower) very quickly and then have to make a recovery.